I hum this song whenever marketing problems are keeping me awake at night, thanks to Maria Rainer and The Sound of Music.
Best-marketing practices Julie Andrews would endorse:
With links to tweets that are funny.
Blog posts you post once, that forever drive money.
Yoast’s free WordPress plugin and the traffic it brings,
These are a few of my favorite marketing things.Yoast's free WordPress plugin and the traffic it brings, These are a few of my favorite #marketing things. Click To Tweet
Forms with less than 3 fields, and no website pop-ups,
And social photos with cuddly cats and pups.
These are a few of my favorite marketing things.
Giving away entire ebooks’ content without forcing a download,
Mobile-friendly websites with light images & cached code.
Giving customers great prices – attached with no subscription strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When a Youtube video is long,
When sales emails bombard me in the spring,
When I’m feeling mad,
I simply remember my favorite marketing things
And then I don’t feel so bad.
Everything you need to know about digital marketing best practices in 2020:
1. Grow organic traffic through search engine optimized content.
2. Invest in user-experience design to make a high converting website.
3. Invest in superior visuals, that will set your company apart on social media channels and in visual search.
4. Invest in podcasting to capture a younger audience.
5. Treat your customers well by providing instant, helpful customer support.
1. Create a website with an easy way to contact you.
2. Create profiles on channels where your audience is, such as Facebook, Yelp, Lessons.com, Google Maps, and more.
3. Create paid ads on search engines such as Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo to reach your audience as they search for terms very closely tied to your product and brand.
1. Write benefit-driven copy that hits at the “why”.
2. Increase conversion with clear buttons above the fold.
3. Use peer testimonials to entice leads.
4. Create Youtube videos that you can give to other websites, asking them to link back to you.
5. Create SEO-friendly H1 headers that are 50 characters or less.
6. Send emails from a real person’s email address.
Want to learn more about marketing best practices?
Get Building a Story Brand, and support my affiliate-ness.
Or read about top digital marketing trends for 2020.
Please support my blog because it helps:
A lot of marketing advice online is written by freelance writers, who are paid to research topics and share tips, while having limited-to-no actual marketing experience. When you take advice from these folks, it’s like taking your sick dog to a person who’s read a book about dog surgery, versus taking your dog to a vet who’s had proper schooling and years of experience. 9/10 times your dog is dying with the reader, bruh! Don’t let your marketing die.
Would you be willing to contribute to my work so you don’t miss out on new marketing ideas? There are a few ways you can help:
1. Buy a used book I’ve read from my shop.
2. Send a tip to my Venmo tip jar: @megsterr
3. Send a tip through Paypal:
4. Share a takeaway:Giving away entire ebooks' content without forcing a download, Mobile-friendly websites with light images & cached code. These are a few of Google's favorite things. Click To Tweet
5. Share this post: